Sunday, May 9, 2010

happy mother's day


The day the child was born so was the mother...

Prior to having my sons, I remember thinking that parents just knew how to be parents. Boy was I in for a surprise! When we came home from the hospital with Luca just a little 6 lb 9 oz bundle, Alain and I looked at each other thinking "They are going to let us take him home?"

Many sleepless nights, worried calls to the pediatrician, reading marathons of What to Expect the First Year, and countless discussions about what to do about each phase in our children's lives, I realize how much more I have yet to learn.

Thank you to all the moms who have supported me, shared lessons learned and just listened. Most importantly, thank you to my mom - she is the best mom I could ever hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment