Friday, November 12, 2010

my neatness haven

A recent move to a new office space had an unexpected benefit for me. I had the opportunity to pick out the furniture and arrange it as I wanted. After I finished the process, I was surprised by the joy that sitting in my new office now brings to me.

Part of the enjoyment is just from being in a new space with new furniture that I like. But another part is much deeper and it came to me when I got home after working my first day in the new space. It is my space and no one else's, and I can keep it as neat, organized and clean as I want. No surprise spills, or toys on the floor, or Cheerios between the cushions, or hand prints on the window.

My home now reflects my life with two boys and a husband and all their glorious messiness. It reflects life, love and happiness. I sured missed having my own space, however, and I think this new office just may be what did it.

Now let me think about how to justify placing a nap-worthy chaise in that empty corner by the sunny window and I'll be complete.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That sounds like pure bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lovely office and that chaise does sound perfect. Ummm...you are motivating me to get our loft in order...for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so envious of your space! I am in the process of setting up my own craft room. It's so important to have a little space of your own!

    ReplyDelete