Monday, January 3, 2011

welcome 2011

I was looking at our Christmas tree and stockings and feeling a little sad that Christmas time is now over. All the presents have been opened and there is nothing left under the tree or in those stockings. All I have to do now is wait 3 more days and take it all down.

But I got to thinking that  2011 is a year full of possibility and, in a sense, it is just like that Christmas tree. Now it's up to me to fill up the stockings and the space under the tree with presents. The year is full of possibilities, big and small, and I am already planning ahead.

I usually come up with New Year's resolutions under categories, so I better get busy doing so. Some of the categories I plan to address this year are personal development (maybe blog-related goals?), professional development, learning, travel, parenting, and home improvement.

Do you have categories for developing your resolutions?

4 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought about categories, but I guess I do have some. Usually my first one is about loosing weight, which obviously does not work since I keep having to make it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, your point is funny but true. I was thinking that I am insane, as I set out on the same weight loss resolution each year, yet I don't do anything different. Why do I expect different results? I guess I'm not insane, but just positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one all-encompassing goal for the year, which is to buy less and give more. I'm hoping it will not only give me a plumper savings account, but make me a better person :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely like the resolution to spend less and give more. I find that, beyond the initial high of buying something, there's no more happiness or contentment. On the other hand, giving to others has a long lasting positive impact on the giver and the receiver. I think I've found a new category for my resolutions!

    ReplyDelete