Sunday, June 20, 2010

happy father's day


I often pat myself in the back for having chosen such a good husband. He is smart, hard working, funny, loving, and an excellent father. Alain is such a good dad. He even said to me, when we were having a heart to heart one time, that he would gladly be the one to carry the pregnancy. He felt he was missing out. He meant it.

I could take all the credit for the careful screening while we dated, and for not getting married before I got a chance to meet him. But, in truth, the credit also belongs to my dad for being such a good model. As a child, he played with me and encouraged me to think and engage in smart conversation. He taught me to be honest and to excel at school and work. As an adult, I have his unconditional support.

Thank you to all the men who are raising good boys who will eventually become good fathers.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! Our own dads can be a great example for what to look for in a husband.

    ReplyDelete