I went to see Sex and the City 2 with my girl friends last week and one of the scenes features Charlotte and Miranda having a drink and keeping it real regarding motherhood. They are both good moms and they love their husbands and children, and they are also human. Here is what they confessed to each other:
- Miranda after quitting her job and becoming a stay-at-home mom: "Sometimes, as much as I love Brady, and I love him very much, being his mom is not enough."
- Charlotte talking about her youngest daughter Rose, who cries non-stop: "She drives me crazy! Sometimes I look myself in the closet and cry."
- Charlotte confessing her first thought after Samantha pointed out that her nanny was too pretty and would seduce her husband: "I don't want to lose my nanny!"
We laughed and nodded and, after the movie, we shared some of our own stories:
- Mom 1: "Sometimes I tell my boys that mommy was bad and has to go on time out. I lock myself in my room for a few minutes and regroup."
- Mom 2: "Oh, I do the same!"
- Me: "That's a great idea!!"
- Mom 2: "We should take two days off just like Charlotte did."
We all agreed so we are planning a weekend trip to Palm Springs.
Any guilty confessions you have? This is a judgement free area. You can say what you feel and we will know you are a good mom.