In spite of the tough schedule, there are things I am happy about...
- An amazing husband: in this temporary child care arrangement, he got the tough shift. He is bathing, feeding and entertaining the boys during the morning when they are most active. At the same time, he's also working from home because there are calls and emails that cannot wait until noon. I come home to make lunch and put them down for their nap. Not once has he complained.
- A small home: the smaller it is, the less there is to clean up.
- A recent cleaning and purging spree: same concept as above
- An very understanding boss: who else would ask how I'm doing instead of asking how I'm going to do it?
- My ability to function, albeit not very well, without sleep
- The boys' magical nap synchronization
- Family meals: being at home more has given us the chance to make a nice lunch and sit together as a family.
Moms, have you ever had to do this for a significant amount of time?